Saturday, June 5, 2010

Study, study, study

With a hematology final tomorrow, I really should be studying...and I have been studying for the past couple of days on and off, but for some reason this section is really hard to study right now. Part of it is just that I'm not really back into the studying mentality after getting used to having basically 2-3 weeks solid of exams and then nothing for a semester. It doesn't help that this section was a little disorganized either...but I think that the real reason is that I've become really passionate again...passionate about seeking God, praying, reading His Word not just because I know I should, but because in it is life and knowledge of my Savior. I'm stepping into a position of leadership for the believers' group at my school, and for the first time in a long, long time, I can really recognize my purpose here which lies beyond just trying to get by. It's to point others to Him. That's what it's always been, but now I'm seeing some of the practical ways of doing that. I've discovered that with this purpose, there is great, great responsibility...I need to intimately know the One I'm pointing others to, because how can the blind lead the blind? All I want to do right now is study Him, know Him, draw near to Him.

Once again, a movie reference puts it just as well as I ever could. This one is from Amazing Grace, the story of William Wilberforce and his role in ending the British slave trade. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's pretty accurate historically too.

William Wilberforce: Its God. I have 10,000 engagements of state
today but I would prefer to spend the day out here getting a wet
arse, studying dandelions and marveling at... bloody spiders webs.
Richard the Butler: You found God, sir?
William Wilberforce: I think He found me.

No comments:

Post a Comment